Purple Spekter™ is an author-driven, book promotion platform that puts science fiction, fantasy, horror, and thriller authors in control of what and how they advertise their books to the readers who visit the site.
- Our book management software is in beta and continuous development, which means occasionally, bugs happen.
- Search capability: Right now, the only searchable fields include: title, subtitle, excerpt, blurb (summary), additional info, author, and author bio.
- New features are still being developed. As new features are developed and installed, interfaces might change and there may be some small windows of downtime when we have to migrate to the newer releases.
Users names and emails addresses added to the Purple Spekter™ system and our Mailchimp newsletter mailing list will not be traded or sold to 3rd parties because that's just rude. We encourage authors to list only their business or author emails with their author profile if they so choose.
- You, the author, retain all copyrights for your author profile(s), book cover image(s), book description information, and subsequent links.
- Do not add author profile(s), book cover image(s), book description information, or subsequent links that you do not hold the copyrights for.
- Do not use copyrighted materials without permission of the copyright holder on the Purple Spekter™ site. If you are a Purple Spekter™ user and you post these materials, the DMCA may not protect you individually from liability. Users who repeatedly post copyrighted material will be removed from the site.
Copyright Claims under DMCA
The owner of Purple Spekter™, Damien Benoit-Ledoux, is registered under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. To the best of our knowledge, we do not post materials that violate copyright laws. If you are the owner of materials that you believe are improperly posted on the Purple Spekter™ site, the safe harbor provision of this law requires that you contact us first and give us the opportunity to remove the offending material, and protects us from liability as long as we do so expeditiously.
Please view this article about filing a DMCA Takedown Notice by Attorney Sara F. Hawkins before contacting us. The article also provides a sample notice you can use. http://sarafhawkins.com/how-to-file-dmca-takedown/
If you still wish to file a claim under DMCA, send an email to Damien Benoit-Ledoux at [email protected] with the following information. A DMCA takedown notice requires a few pieces of important information written in letter format that asks the service provider to remove or block the offending images or pages and include the following pieces of information in the letter:
- A physical or electronic signature (i.e., /s/NAME) of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed.
Author Profiles and Book Listing Text
The book management software Purple Spekter™ employs provides all the necessary forms for author and book metadata. Subscribed authors may enter as much information regarding their author profile(s) and their book listings as they want in their own words—including errors. We do not correct author listing errors. We reserve the right to make changes when needed to protect the integrity of the site.
Purple Spekter™ welcomes diversity within the science fiction, fantasy, horror, and thriller community of authors and books and trusts its authors will help keep readers safe by tagging books appropriately. Though we do not police or censor books, we expect you will note whether your books contain sensitive or controversial content. There’s nothing more damaging to an author’s reputation than burning bridges with fans/readers who aren’t ready for sensitive or controversial situation.
Please only use images for which you have legal rights to use for commercial purposes. The owner of Purple Spekter™, Damien Benoit-Ledoux, is registered under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, but our users are not, and you may be legally responsible for the illegal use of any photos/images/content for which you do not own the rights. Please don’t hesitate to drop us an email if you have any questions about this: [email protected]
- Purple Spekter™ is an author-driven book advertising service only. We do not provide recommendations to our readers.
- Subscribed authors may list their works and books that contain explicit and/or sexual content.
- Authors are responsible for posting accurate information that reflects the content and nature of their books.
- Author-provided information is not warranted or guaranteed in any way, and Purple Spekter™ or its owners cannot be held responsible for failure by any of the books listed herein to meet those claims. Anyone who uses this information agrees to do so solely at their own risk.
- We do not screen the authors or books listed here for compliance with federal, state, or local registration, safety, or other legal requirements. The site visitor takes sole responsibility for investigating such compliance themselves.
- Purple Spekter™ does not take responsibility for materials or statements listed on third-parties’ linked pages we link to which are not part of the Purple Spekter™ site.
- Purple Spekter™ does not mediate disagreements between authors and readers, and any comments or questions about the content of the listings on this site should be forwarded to the author directly.
- Purple Spekter™ reserves the right to refuse or takedown any listing at our discretion.
- Once your account has been created, we cannot provide a refund.
- We cannot transfer your account to another author.
- Subscriptions will be billed on a monthly basis.
- For your security, we process all transactions with PayPal Express.
When an author user successfully processes their subscription, the user is added to the system at the time of registration. If the system fails to do this, send an email to Damien Benoit-Ledoux at [email protected] and once we confirmation of your subscription, we will manually add you as quickly as possible.
Bonus offers are only applicable as indicated by the bonus offer. In some cases, bonus offers will not be available to existing members.